Due to heavy storms, wind, and rain during hurricane season, Florida residents are accustomed to power outages. These power outages might last for a few hours to a few days; to keep your power on, we recommend installing a backup power system. Nowadays, your options are solar batteries or generators.
Orlando Battery Back-Up & Energy Storage Systems Company
Most households have enough roof space to replace their power bill with a clean energy, solar system. There has been a significant surge in interest in battery backup systems, compared to the more common generator power systems. Let’s see how solar battery backup power systems compare to fuel-powered generator backup power systems.
Are solar batteries better than generators?
There are different advantages of solar batteries over generators.
1). Solar batteries are eco-friendly. They store energy from your PV system, which produces electricity from sunlight, a renewable energy source. Generators use fuel to generate energy and have a negative impact on the environment.
2) Solar battery backup is safer. There have been cases of people being poisoned as a result of carbon monoxide emissions from fuel-powered generators when used incorrectly.
3) Solar battery backups have no maintenance costs, while generators need monthly and yearly maintenance to ensure they don’t fail when they need to be powered on. Generators need oil changes and service fees to maintain plus fuel.
4) Solar battery systems have much longer warranties. Solar battery warranties can be anywhere between 10 to 15 years, while generator warranties range from 3 to 5 years.
5) Solar batteries operate silently. Generators, on the other hand, are noisy to operate.
6) A generator system can cost you from $7,000 to $15,000. A battery backup system can cost between $25,000 and $30,000. Even though acquiring and installing a PV system with solar battery backup is pricier than a generator, it has a better ROI (return on investment) in the long run especially due to the 30% federal tax credit available for solar purchases.
7) PV systems and solar battery backup qualify for different solar power incentives and rebates. These can sum up to more than 30% of the cost of installing a new PV system. Generators don’t have any economic incentives.
As you see, solar battery systems have plenty of advantages over generator systems. There has never been a better moment to invest in solar than right now, you may save thousands on your electric bill over time.
You can start saving money now and install a PV system paired with a solar battery backup. You can also use the stored electricity to power your home appliances or to recharge your electric car. Make sure to employ a business that will select the ideal solar battery system for your needs based on capacity, pricing, and design. Our experts will show you the best way to utilize your battery for more power potential.
Orlando & Central Florida Battery Back-Up & Tesla Powerwall Installers
With over 35 years of combined solar energy experience, the Castaways Energy team will provide the best customer experience and the best cost-effective installation of your PV system and battery. Our NABCEP-certified solar energy experts will give you immaculate installation quality and outstanding and solar energy installation service for your home and your business. We install systems for many nationally recognized solar energy firms and corporations. We are locally licensed, founded, and owned by Florida natives, we are an Island of Solar Excellence! Call 407-985-2689 or fill out a contact form right now to locate the best solar energy team in your area. Experience the difference!